Campus interviews are the most important part of a student’s life. The preparation involved to crack the personal interview is similar to the preparation involved while preparing for an examination. Gone are those days, when group discussions or personal interviews were just a tool to get into a college. Cracking the personal interview is a crucial process which is involved for taking admission in a college.
- Study about the institute/ college: Before you appear for the personal interview, make sure you have done a thorough study about the college.
- Be prepared for behavioral questions: Behavioral questions mostly are open ended and they are meant to know your experience and test your patience
- Formal Attire: Interview is a highly professional interaction and you must follow the formal dress code. Mostly, colleges providing professional post graduate courses have a dress code and that is formal. Same goes for INLEAD, the dress code is formal.
- Admit mistakes or if you don’t know the answer to a question: Instead of giving wrong answers and making a bad impression, admit that you don’t know the answer or accept your mistake. Be honest and you will be appreciated.
- Be confident and enthusiastic: Be energetic and enthusiastic once you are inside the interview room, don’t let your anxieties and nervousness be noticed. Remember you are being observed and judged upon… so be calm and be confident.
- Don’t lose courage easily: Don’t lose your courage and heart soon, even if the interview is taking too long and you have to wait for a couple of hours, remember it’s OK! Because if you will start doubting your capabilities, your nervousness could overpower your best qualities and you may lose, though you are eligible.
- Thorough Knowledge of the Course: Study about the institutes curriculum in advance. Know the answers to questions like why you want to pursue that particular course, what are your expectations from the college, the course etc.
- Study your Resume/ Bio-data Thoroughly: Your marks, certifications, internships if any should be on your tips. You should be well versed with your introduction, educations qualifications, and career goals.
- Sit straight: Do not tap your nails on the table and refrain yourself from being fidgety. It isn’t too pleasing for the person who is sitting to interview you.
- Ask to Repeat: If confused about what is being asked to you, don’t hesitate to ask the interviewer to repeat the question. It’s OKAY! It’s far better than answering something which is not being asked just because you haven’t heard the question properly.
It’s just another interview, give it your best shot :)
Post a Comment