We bring to you 10 tips following which will help you get a ticket to your dream career.
1) Avoid typo errors/ spelling mistakes on your resume- You don’t get a second chance to make a first impression. Example: I am loking for a job instead of I’m looking for a job.
2) A funky email address – Example email@example.com
3) Avoid using abbreviations- Example: Etc. in your resume
4) Don’t forget to write/ attach the cover letter/ resume along with the email you send to your employer.
5) Highlight duties instead of your accomplishments: Focus more on what you have achieved.
6) Keep your resume tidy and simple to read. Do not use highlighters or colored pens.
7) Don’t be badly/ poorly dressed for the interviews: Wear formals
8) Avoid using your phone: Don’t check your phone on short intervals, this might show you’re less enthusiastic to get the job.
9) Move On: Feeling down about rejection: Rejection is all part of life. Move onto the next opportunity
10) Avoid using phrases like ‘I am responsible for” and instead use phrases like ‘I resolved’.
All the best!